Join Brutal Tours on a journey through the ghosts of Georgian’s Soviet past; from the breathtaking Stalin’s cable car roads to the old glory of a Soviet sanatorium. Definitely a “last chance to see” adventure!
Our guides speak English, German, French and Dutch.
Day 1 – Tbilisi
- Arrival & check in into hostel Fabrika, Tbilisi in the heart of an old Soviet sewing factory.
- All day Walking Tour were we will explore Tbilisi’s most iconic Soviet and brutalist buildings.
- Dinner at the funicular restaurant with a wonderful view on the city.
- Overnight at hostel Fabrika Tbilisi
Day 2 – Chiatura
- Early departure to Chiatura
- Check in into hostel in Chiatura
- Afternoon urban exploration of the mining town of Chiatura and rides on Stalin’s last active cable cars.
- Dinner in town
- Overnight at hostel Chiatura
Day 3 – Chiatura & Tskaltubo
- Visit to the Katski pillar’s hermitage. Built on the top of an impressive 40 meters tall natural limestone pillar, the Church, which can only be reached by a rusty ladder, is still occupied by a small community of monks.
- Departure for Tskaltubo
- Arrive & check into hostel
- Dinner at the old soviet sanatorium
Day 4 – Tskaltubo & Abastumani
- Urban exploration of the old Tskaltubo Soviet sanatorium and visit to the Museum “Never back in USSR”
- Departure for Abstumani
- Arrive & check into the once secret Soviet astrominocal observatory of Abastumani (dorm)
- Night excursion of the still used observatory, possibility to look through the telescope at some objects in the sky (depends on sky conditions).
Day 5 (Friday) – Abastumani & Tbilisi
- Departure for Tbilisi
- Stop and lunch in the town of Borjormi and visit of the mineral water spring park of Borjormi
- Check in into hostel Fabrika Tbilisi
- Dinner at a traditional Georgian restaurant
Day 6 (Saturday) – Tbilisi
- All day city Tour where we will explore Tbilisi’s biggest bazaar and the Soviet flea market .
- Farewell dinner at a traditional Georgian restaurant
– Option to enjoy the Georgian traditional sulfur baths culture
Day 7 (Sunday) – Tbilisi
- End of the tour